From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fdisk warnings during install; questions
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 15:54:32
1 On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 11:00:50AM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote
2
3 > That's not quite how I read it, but... gdisk has an option to completely
4 > erase both GPT and DOS partition tables.
5
6 I erased the GPT table.
7
8 > Why anyone would choose to use the ultra-kludged DOS partition tables
9 > when GPT is so much more elegant is beyond me, unless they have old
10 > hardware that can't read a GPT disk.
11
12 Familiarity, I suppose. I've used the same layout for several years.
13 fdisk can easily handle a 1 terabyte disk. For now, my big change is to
14 use ext4fs instead of Reiserfs for my main partition.
17 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
18 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications