From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Has MySQL become compulsory?
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 22:26:58
1 On Monday 26 October 2009 20:26:54 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > > I forget exactly what I did to achieve this, it was something like
4 > > > having trouble getting akonadi to work right, so I set all the kdepim
5 > > > apps to use the resource files directly in the fashion of KDE-3.5
6 > >
7 > > Can you please share what you did on your system to make this happen
8 > > if you can remember? Over here kde-base/akonadi is dragged in by
9 > > kde-base/kdepim-meta and I haven't found a way to disable it. Every
10 > > time I fire up kmail it starts up and causes delay as it fails to
11 > > find/start mysqld.
12 >
13 > SystemSettings -> Resources
14
15 Thanks for this!
16
17 > Create the conventional addressbooks as files in
18 > ~/.kde4/share/kde4/services/resources - exactly as we did in KDE-3.5
19
20 Hmm I didn't have any files in there, there were all under
21 ~/.kde3.5/share/apps/*
22
23 I have set up conventional files or directories for all categories in there
24 (kmail, addressbook, notes, calendar) but it still tries to start Akonadi.
25 </sigh>
26
27 > In the list of types of resources, there are Akondai related item, just
28 > don't use those, and kmail will use the file directly.
29 >
30 > > I have unmerged nepomuke and all related packages have been remerged
31 > > with -semantic-desktop set in /etc/make.conf:
32 >
33 > akonadi and nepomuk are not the same thing, not even remotely.
34
35 Thanks I know that.
36
37 > You can't avoid having akonadi, nepomuk etc pulled in somehow. Just don't
38 > run them.
39
40 Nepomuk is not pulled in here. Akonadi of course is another matter, because
41 of the kdepim hardcoded dependency.
42
43 Grateful for any more ideas to make that bloody akonadi give up. :-)
44 --
45 Regards,
46 Mick