From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Python TK
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 13:06:17
1 On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 12:50:09 +0200, Silvio Siefke wrote:
2
3 > on my Netbook i use Sabayon, because all compile from source need much
4 > time and it was not so really run. Can i ask here a question, because
5 > i has problems with emerge.
6
7 You could build packages in a chroot on a faster machine, that's what I
8 do to run Gentoo on lower-popwered devices.
9
10 > gentoo-mobile siefke # emerge --newuse --update
11 > =dev-lang/python-2.7.2-r3 Calculating dependencies... done!
12 > >>> Auto-cleaning packages...
13 >
14 > >>> No outdated packages were found on your system.
15 > gentoo-mobile siefke #
16
17 That's correct, because you used --update, so the package is only built
18 if a newer version is available. Drop --update and it will build the
19 package.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.