From: Nistor Andrei <coder.tux@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't switch to a console after logging in to KDE.
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 06:53:45
1 On Monday 30 April 2007, darren kirby wrote:
2 > quoth the Nistor Andrei:
3 > > Hello list! I'm having some trouble with KDE. I'm not sure when this
4 > > started, i just noticed it today. If I press Ctrl+Alt+F[1-12] nothing
5 > > happens if I'm logged in to KDE. In KDM it works just fine. What could be
6 > > the cause of this weird behaviour?
7 >
8 > Do you have:
9 >
10 > Option "DontVTSwitch"
11 >
12 > in your xorg.conf?
13 >
14 No. Here is my Xorg.conf: http://rafb.net/p/K2JtF986.html
15 I don't think there's something wrong with it... I believe the problem is in
16 KDE, because if I'm in KDM switching VTs works fine. I also
17 tried "xinit /usr/bin/somegame -- :1". it works like a charm, but when I
18 switch VTs the kde session running on :0 crashes, and I get back to KDM.
19 > -d
20 > --
21 > darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
22 > "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more
23 > expected..." - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list