From: Adam <adam@××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Something happened on the way to X
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 12:09:40
1 > I don't use ATI but I think I read here a while back that ATI drivers
2 > have to be compatible with certain versions of xorg. You may want to
3 > see if you can use a newer version of the ATI drivers.
4 >
5 > You can look at the ebuild to see what exact versions. From what i
6 > read, it looks like you may need the 10 series instead of the 9 series.
7 > Then again, it is sometimes backwards from what I am thinking. May be
8 > worth testing anyway.
9
10 You need to emerge ati-drivers-8.721. Despite the numbering, its
11 actually the latest....