From: Mattias Merilai <jah@××.ee>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to alter ./configure flags from emerge
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:01:46
1 Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 >I noticed while emerging mysql that the ./configure flags used during
4 >compile contained one that says: --without-docs
5 >
6 >Not a good plan for someone knowing zip about mysql. How can I
7 >change that to --with-docs from cmdline?
8 >
9 >Another thing I noticed is this:
10 >
11 > [...] --with-big-tables --without-docs --without-big-tables
12 >
13 >What gives with that...?
17 I do not know much about mysql, but looking at the latest ebuild it
18 seems that it does not look for a doc USE flag. You will have to
19 manually change the ebuild to --with-docs. Gentoo's ebuild howto will
20 explain you how to do that.
21 About the --with-big-tables and --without-big-tables, this kind of
22 behaviour is usual. There is some logic behind the choice of which
23 option will be used, and portage makes use of that. Usually you can
24 safely assume portage has already figured that out for you; and in this
25 case it checks for the big-tables USE flag to do so.
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list