From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unable to set up wireless lan - followed documentation
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 20:18:54
1 On Saturday 14 November 2009 19:55:15 Nelis Botha wrote:
2 > Hey list
3 >
4 > I need some help. I am trying to set up my wireless lan on gentoo. I
5 > have recompiled kernel. Every attempt at configuring /etc/conf.d/net
6 > end in faed to configure wireless for wlan0 i have folowed the advice
7 > given when it fails and give info/advice to resolve but nothing has
8 > worked thus far. My question then is : what should the /etc/conf.d/net
9 > look like if I want to connect to dhcp enabled adsl router that does
10 > not need authenticating ?
11 >
12 > Any help would be appreiciated. I have gooogled and folowed tutorials
13 > on gentoo wiki but it didnt help at all.
14 > Thanks in advance
17 Is this a desktop machine?
18
19 If so, dump the net.* scripts and just run wicd.
20
21 Why? Because it just works.
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com