From: PaulNM <gentoo@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Chroot question
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 17:32:05
1 Anthony E. Caudel wrote:
2 > I have an AMD64 chip and have separate Gentoo x86 and x86_64 distros.
3 > Gentoo has a "32Bit Chroot Guide for Gentoo/AMD64" but this guide only
4 > discusses setting up a separate 32bit environment within the 64bit
5 > Gentoo. I was wondering if it could be used, suitably modified, to
6 > chroot from my x86_64 bit distro to my x86 distro. Will it mess up one
7 > or the other?
8 >
9 > Tony
10 >
11 You should be fine as long as you ignore the installation steps. Just
12 make sure you have the proper options in the 64 bit kernel and use the
13 proper chroot command.
14
15 PaulNM
16 --