From: "Dmitry S. Makovey" <dmitry@××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libgsf weirdness...
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:42:13
1 On July 18, 2005 09:34 am, Mauro Faccenda wrote:
2 > Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:
3 > > For past couple of weeks as I was doing emerge --sync and emerge
4 > > -uDNp I've noticed that libgsf has "jumping" versions. That is
5 > > one week it's 1.12.0 another 1.10.0 and it swings from one to
6 > > another. Does anybody know what might trigger this behavior?
7 >
8 > This is because gnumeric REQUIRES =1.10.0... and when you do a -uD
9 > it will be upgraded.
10 >
11 > You should keep using -uNp instead of -uDNp ;)
12
13 looks like it's the case here.... except that I like my -uDNp as
14 system became bit more stable since I started using "D" and every
15 time I upgrade it picks up everything I need and I didn't have to ask
16 it twice :) Oh well, maybe "-D" is a minor drawback and I can survive
17 occasional rebuild of libgsf :)
18
19 Thanks a lot for the tip.. it all makes sense now. At least I know now
20 what's going on.
23 Dmitry Makovey
24 Web Systems Administrator
25 Athabasca University