From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] UEFI data corruption? [FIXED]
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 20:34:09
1 On Mon, 30 Sep 2019 10:02:58 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > The loader files are analogous to grub.cfg, but a thousand times
4 > > simpler (I may be understating that in my desire to avoid hyperbole).
5 > > For example, loader.conf here is
6 > >
7 > > timeout 3
8 > > default 00-*
9 > >
10 > > This never needs to be modified, it simply boots the first entry
11 > > after 3 seconds.
12 >
13 > Right, but if the OP wants to boot some other kernel (which happens to
14 > be on his second disk) systemd-boot's image picking up the first
15 > *.conf file won't be of use. He'll need to select another kernel from
16 > the menu or set this in the loader.conf as a semi-permanent solution.
17 > Please correct as necessary if I got this wrong.
18
19 That's right which is why you have a boot menu. The only time I change
20 the default in loader.conf is when wanting to use a different kernel on a
21 headless system, where I don't have access to the menu.
22
23 The "default 00-*" setting I use is the equivalent of GRUB's "set
24 default=0". It's just easier to see as it is 50% of the config file
25 rather that 0.5% ;-)
29 Neil Bothwick
30
31 Top Oxymorons Number 19: Passive aggression