From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xserver does not work after upgrade
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 15:41:39
1 On Friday 27 May 2011 16:09:07 fajfusio@××.pl wrote:
2 > Hi All
3 >
4 > I've upgraded my system and xserver does not work after upgrade.
5 > I've installed new baselayout according to the official gentoo's procedure
6 > and it seems ok.
7 > I've done dispatch-conf, etc-update, revdep-rebuild successfully.
8 > All packages have been build successfully.
9 >
10 > I have:
11 > xorg-drivers 1.7
12 > xorg-server 1.7.7-r1
13 > xorg-x11 7.4-r1
14 > xorg-cf-files 1.0.3
15 >
16 > I found that "hal" has been unmerged during an upgrade. I installed it
17 > again and launching it at startup.
18
19 HAL is no longer required. It is deprecated and that's why your profile
20 removed it. You shouldn't need it to be able to run Xorg or pretty much
21 anything else from Gentoo these days.
24 > I attached 2 Xorg.0.log files. One of them is before upgrade when xorg was
25 > working correctly and the other one is after upgrade when it does not work.
26 >
27 > Please help me to find out what's wrong.
28 > Great thanks for help.
29
30 Read this and apply it to the letter:
31
32 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml
33 --
34 Regards,