From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X Freezes With Firefox on Many Post 2.6.38 Kernels
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 00:33:25
1 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Am 30.07.2011 01:06, schrieb Dale:
5 >> I'm just curious as to how much longer dd is going to take. I wish it
6 >> has some sort of a progress bar or something. :/
7 >>
8 > Find the PID of the dd process with ps ax | grep [d]d or somethhing,
9 > then kill -USR1<pid>. This will dd output how far it is.
10 >
11 > BTW, I like how the threads tend to soon have nothing to do with the
12 > subject lately.
13 >
14 > Wonko
18 Thanks for the info. It was far enough along I think.
19
20 Actually this thread is still on the same topic as before. This is
21 related to the issue I had with Firefox and a kernel panic. The thread
22 just developed as things were tried and ruled out.
23
24 I'm just hoping this drive will work and no more panics. If it still
25 does, this thread may live a while longer yet. :-(
26
27 Dale
28