From: Alecks Gates <alecks.g@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: Linus ranting about Gnome3
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 21:18:11
1 On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 17/06/12 22:12, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Alecks Gates <alecks.g@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 5:31 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann
7 >>> <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
8 >>>>
9 >>>> Am Freitag, 15. Juni 2012, 23:57:26 schrieb Pandu Poluan:
10 >>>>>
11 >>>>> Just in case anyone missed it:
12 >>>>>
13 >>>>> https://plus.google.com/102150693225130002912/posts/UkoAaLDpF4I
14 >>>>>
15 >>>>> Rgds,
16 >>>>
17 >>>>
18 >>>> reeading that and this thread:
19 >>>>
20 >>>> as a kde user it is refreshing to see that gnome3 is worse than KDE 4.0
21 >>>>
22 >>>> I hope all those arrogant gnome users who could not shut up back then
23 >>>> are
24 >>>> covering in some corner and crying in mental pain and humiliation.
25 >>>>
26 >>>> --
27 >>>> #163933
28 >>>>
29 >>>
30 >>> I must be really special since I'm completely productive and happy
31 >>> with Gnome 3 . . . .
34 >> Haven't you heard? Those of us who like GNOME 3 are nothing but
35 >> fanbois. Sorry to break the news to you; I didn't know either, and it
36 >> was also a shock to me.
37 >>
38 >> I'm trying to live now a regular life knowing that I'm just a fanboi,
39 >> but I suppose it's hard, since we obviously don't know what the hell
40 >> are we doing if we like such a gigantic mess like GNOME 3 is.
41 >>
42 >> (I *really* think I should not  have the need to said this, but just
43 >> to cover all the bases: All of the above is sarcasm.)
44 >>
45 >> Regards.
48 > People using Gnome don't need to get upset because a website posts a review
49 > where KDE wins, or a high-profile community member like Torvalds bashes it.
50 >
51 > Gnome sucks.  It sucks really, really bad.  But this is only the opinion of
52 > the one writing that statement.
53 >
54 > Like fortune cookie told me when I logged in today:
55 >
56 >  Opinions are like assholes -- everyone's got one, but
57 >  nobody wants to look at the other guy's.
58 >
59 >                -- Hal Hickman
63 As near as I can tell, it's not the GNOME users that are upset but
64 rather the people bashing it. It's almost like reverse trolling... I
65 can just sit here and nod my head while someone complains all day
66 long!
67
68 If you don't like it, fine. Don't get yourself upset over it, not
69 that you, personally, are getting upset.