From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is wrong with lame?
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:16:03
1 On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 1:37 PM, Mateusz Mierzwiński
2 <mateuszmierzwinski@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > Hi,
4 > I wish to ask if anyone also have same feeling that Winamp running on Wine
5 > (ALSA output) have better sound quality than players like VLC, XMMS, Amarok
6 > and even songbird just as many others?
7 > What's wrong with decoding of audio if I have such feeling running now
8 > Winamp?
9 > Thanks,
10 > Mateusz M.
11
12 Everything sounds normal on my system... can you describe the sound
13 difference at all? Maybe winamp is doing some kind of equalizing which
14 changes the sound.