From: Michael Cook <mcook@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Making DVD high resolution
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 18:38:12
1 On 12/18/2014 01:31 PM, Joseph wrote:
2 > On 12/18/14 19:10, J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >> On 18 December 2014 18:50:09 CET, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> I've used "Imagination" to make VOB and set in preferences resolution
5 >>> 1920 x 1080 HD
6 >>> made VOB. How do I check the VOB frame size settings?
7 >>>
8 >>> When I tried to made HD video using DVD Styler the max frame rate I can
9 >>> set to make DVD ISO is 720x480.
10 >>> How to make DVD with higher resolution?
11 >>
12 >> You can't.
13 >>
14 >> The DVD spec doesn't support HD video.
15 >
16 > So what format do I have to burn the disk in, in order to have lets say
17 > 1920 x 1080 HD
18 >
19 Bluray. But I think it would be rather worthless. If you're burning to a
20 disc, I assume you're not using a computer, which means you probably
21 trying to play it on a TV in which case I would say just use a Bluray
22 player that upscales DVDs (most do)
23
24 So just burn the DVD as normal (don't bother upscaling) and play it on a
25 Bluray player.