From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo testing and ssd
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 18:19:03
1 Am 2012-07-13 19:42, schrieb Allan Gottlieb:
2 > I will be getting a new laptop with ssd (250GB).
3 >
4 > I currently run ~amd64 and wonder if this is too much writing for the
5 > flash.
6 >
7 > I have adapted to and now enjoy gnome3. If I were forced to run stable
8 > to limit compiles I would still use package.accept_keywords to permit
9 > gnome3.
10 >
11 > Any experiences with testing and ssd?
12
13 No problems with ~amd64 and gnome3 on SSD in my ThinkPad, for maybe 2yrs
14 already.
15
16 My main workstation was migrated back to a shiny new SSD yesterday, the
17 first SSD there was flaky ... (used one, cheap from the net, no warranty
18 ...)
19
20 Stefan