From: Wolfgang Liebich <wolfgang.liebich@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Sudden problems with NIS logins
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:04:38
1 Hi,
2 I'm running a linux system at work, which is member in a NIS domain. My
3 username is local, the others are on the NIS server (home dirs are
4 distributed around the cluster).
5 Now I suddenly detected that users whose login data are on the NIS
6 server cannot login anymore! I suspect somehow that the upgrade to pam
7 0.99 and the disappearance of the "nis" USE flag.
8
9 My nsswitch.conf looks like:
10 passwd: compat nis
11 shadow: compat nis
12 group: compat nis
13
14 hosts: files dns
15 networks: files dns
16
17 services: db files
18 protocols: db files
19 rpc: db files
20 ethers: db files
21 netmasks: files
22 netgroup: files
23 bootparams: files
24
25 automount: files
26 aliases: files
27
28 (only pwd and group info are distributed by nis)
29
30 my /etc/pam.d/system-auth looks so:
31
32 auth required pam_env.so
33 auth sufficient pam_unix.so try_first_pass likeauth nullok audit
34 nis debug
35 auth required pam_deny.so
36
37 account required pam_unix.so
38
39 password sufficient pam_unix.so try_first_pass nullok md5 shadow
40 audit nis debug
41 password required pam_deny.so
42
43 session required pam_limits.so
44 session required pam_unix.so audit nis debug
45
46 (I also tried without the audit, nis and debug parameters to pam_unix.so
47 - they were added now for trouble shooting - didn't see a difference,
48 though).
49
50 What am I missing here??
51 - wolfgang