From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] smartctrl drive error @60%
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 07:43:35
1 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 >> There are some options with smartctl you could try to force the drive
3 >> to swap that bad sector with a spare one. A full disk read could also
4 >> force that. Eg. Try ' dd if=/dev/sdc of=/dev/null '. But, I usually
5 >> order a replacement when Smart tests start throwing errors. I know
6 >> 3TB is a lot for you to have to backup, but it's also a lot of data
7 >> to loose... -- Joost
10 I just don't have anything to put the data on. I been saying I was
11 going to get me a backup drive but hadn't yet. Looks like I better
12 order one unless someone pops on and says this is normal and OK, sort of
13 doubting that will happen tho.
14
15 Dale
16
20 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!