From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Playing Apple Trailers
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 11:44:13
1 Thanks Daniel,
2
3 On 22 March 2010 07:29, Daniel Troeder <daniel@×××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > On 03/22/2010 07:58 AM, Mick wrote:
5 >> What's the trick for playing Apple Trailers these days?  It used to work fine
6 >> years ago, but now all I get is a pop-up telling me to download Apple's
7 >> Quicktime player.  :-(
8 >>
9 >> I looked for mplayer USE flags to enable it, but can't find any.  I did find
10 >> media-libs/libquicktime, but I am not sure if this is needed or which video
11 >> player will use it.
12 > You have to use
13 > $ mplayer -user-agent=QuickTime/7.6.2
14 > http://trailers.apple.com/movies/disney/aliceinwonderland/aliceinwonderland-clip1_480p.mov
15
16 The correct syntax is slightly different:
17
18 mplayer -user-agent QuickTime/7.6.2
19
20 The "=" sign is required in the configuration file though.
21
22 Thanks again.
23 --
24 Regards,