From: Andreas Simbuerger <simi@×××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Change install directory of ebuilds?
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 20:17:58
1 On Sat, 2008-10-04 at 22:08 +0200, Justin wrote:
2 > Andreas Simbuerger schrieb:
3 > > Greetings,
4 > >
5 > > Is it possible to change the install-directory of ebuilds?
6 > > Let's say for example:
7 > >
8 > > TODIR=/usr/local/lib emerge python
9 > >
10 > > I tried to find a clue within the Gentoo Documentation and the Forums
11 > > but still no idea how to do that.
12 > >
13 > > -----
14 > > As it is my first post to a mailing list, i hope it's not kind of a dumb
15 > > question that can be solved by a "RTFM" ;-)
16 > > -----
17 > >
18 > > - Andreas
22 > What really do you want to do? Whats your intention behind?
23
24 I had some trouble during upgrading Python2.4 to Python2.5
25 where some ebuilds installed themselves to /usr/local/lib
26 depending ebuilds were looking into /usr/lib.
27
28 Whilst having no idea how i messed that one up (aside from accepting
29 ~amd64 ebuilds ;-)) i want to correct that by remerging
30 the messed up packages with the correct(?) path.
31
32 In addition i try to solve the problems by doing an
33 emerge -eaD world
34 right at the moment
35
36 - Andreas