From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Optional /usr merge in Gentoo
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 10:28:37
1 On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 8:03 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 27/08/2013 14:05, Tanstaafl wrote:
4
5 [-- snippy --]
6
7 > > Thanks Alan, starting to get excited about playing with ZFS.
8 > >
9 > > How would you rate their docs and support community (for the free version)?
10 >
11 > Support is top-notch, on par with what you find around here if that
12 > helps ;-)
13 >
14 > Each major.minor version has a .pdf manual published, while the next
15 > version is in development, the docs get updated on a wiki and the final
16 > version is an export of that. There's a forum with knowledgeable users
17 > and the devs hang around just in case regular users can't help with a
18 > question.
19 >
20 > No mailing list though :-(
21 > And the forum does have a lot of noise from n00bs, but that's common
22 > with web forums. Like on Gentoo, you quickly learn to spot those posts
23 > and scan over them.
26 Actually, there *is* a mailing list. I happened upon it accidentally
27 several minutes ago.
28
29 Two of them in fact.
30
31 https://groups.google.com/a/zfsonlinux.org/forum/#!forum/zfs-discuss
32
33 ... and if you want to partake in development of ZFS-on-Linux:
34
35 https://groups.google.com/a/zfsonlinux.org/forum/#!forum/zfs-devel
38 (I've just subscribed to the first list)
41 Rgds,
42 --
43 FdS Pandu E Poluan
44 ~ IT Optimizer ~