From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [way OT] determining date of web pages
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 23:17:22
1 I should probably know this having been an active computer user for a
2 decade or more but ...never really looked into it.
3
4 How can I tell ahead of time or quickly what the vintage of a webpage
5 that looks interesting is?
6
7 I often find when looking for some kind of consumer good like a DVR or
8 something that the hot item I'm reading about was posted in 2004 after
9 having spent a 1/2 hr reading to that point.
10
11 Or worse yet... never really see any indication of when something was
12 written.
13
14 Here is an example page:
15 http://dvr.about.com/od/capturetvwithacomputer/ht/htnti.htm
16
17 How can I tell quickly when this was written?
18
19 A related point is how accurate is it to use the google advanced
20 search and specify `last 3 mnths' or the like?
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list