From: Dave Jones <Dave.Jones@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and OpenOffice keyboard problems [solved]
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 09:24:32
1 Bo Andresen wrote on 05/04/06 00:48:
2
3 > It turns out I was wrong about this. If I type
4
5 > # LC_ALL=POSIX oowriter2
6
7 > they don't work for me either. Same goes for LC_ALL=C. All other locales on
8 > your list from locale -a they do work with. (Except en_GB.utf8 which results
9 > in a lot of errors on my system. That's why I use en_US.utf8. If you do wish
10 > to use UTF-8 you should follow the guide provided by Gentoo). So try changing
11 > your locale to something other than POSIX or C i.e. export LC_ALL=whatever.
12 > And start OOo from the prompt.
13
14 > To change your locale permanently you should change /etc/env.d/02locale and
15 > run env-update. You only need to set LC_ALL it will all other LC_ variables.
16
17 Bo, thank you *very* much, starting oowriter2 as you suggested using
18 LC_All=en_US.utf8 oowriter2 worked, the us_intl keyboard now works as it
19 should.
20
21 I have no /etc/env.d/02locale file; did you create that file yourself?
22
23 Cheers, Dave
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list