From: Daniel D Jones <ddjones@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] konsole selected text
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:50:04
1 On Monday 18 February 2008 04:26:01 Thomas Kahle wrote:
2 > Daniel D Jones wrote:
3 > | When I select Konsole's "Linux Colors" schema, selected text appears
4 >
5 > to be
6 >
7 > | black text on a black background. Under options, I can alter colors
8 >
9 > but I
10 >
11 > | don't appear to be able to choose the background and foreground colors
12 >
13 > that
14 >
15 > | are used for highlighting. Any hints on how to fix this appreciated.
16 >
17 > Hi, on my machine I use the "Linux Colors" schema for years and it works
18 > perfectly. If mark stuff it inverts the colors, i.e. grey text on black
19 > background gets black text on grey background.
20
21 Yes, I've been using it for a long time as well without issues. I've never
22 had this issue before.
23
24 > Just some (maybe unrelated) pointers:
25 > *) man dircolors (gentoo uses textcolors extensively)
26
27 I'm familiar with dircolors. To the best of my knowledge, there's nothing in
28 dircolors which configures how selected text is displayed. It's simply
29 inverted text. That is, the background color and the foreground color are
30 switched.
31
32 A little more experimenting has shown that this is what happens on my terminal
33 with any color other than the default light gray on black. For example, if I
34 do a "ls," the files show up in various colors based on dircolors. If I
35 select colored files, they show up in inverse. But if I select non-colored
36 light gray text, I get black on black. If I use 'less' to display a file,
37 there's a status line at the bottom which shows the line number, etc. in
38 inverted text. On my terminal, it's black on black and invisible. If I
39 highlight it with the mouse, however, it shows up as light gray on black and
40 is visible.
41
42 If I switch to another tty (CTL-ALT-F2) and log in, dircolors settings work
43 properly. Selected text with gpm shows up as inverse, and the status line at
44 the bottom of the 'less' windows displays properly as well. So I don't think
45 the issue is with dircolors.
46
47 It's only with inverted normal text on konsole.
50 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list