From: "J. Patrick Campbell" <patrick@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Qt environment variable
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 21:22:59
1 On Sat, December 4, 2004 9:41 am, Gabriel M. Beddingfield said:
2 > J. Patrick Campbell wrote:
3 >
4 >> i'm trying to setup an app which requires Qt. I have Qt installed but
5 >> it's
6 >> not in my environment variables or something ... is missing.
7 >> :
8 >> To build Link-n-Log you must have the QT development libraries
9 >> installed and you must have the environment variable QTDIR set to
10 >> point to your QT directory. On my machine thats /usr/lib/qt3.
11 >>
12 >> How do i set this up correctly?
13 >
14 > Did you set up QT with emerge, or compiling from source? For me,
15 > QTDIR="/usr/qt/3". (I installed QT with emerge.)
16
17 i emerged Qt
18 >
19 > And the app you're setting up -- are you compiling from source or using
20 > emerge? Which app is it?
21 >
22 > IF FROM SOURCE, try:
23 >
24 > $ ./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt3
25
26 there is no configure. i hve to run qmake.
27 To build Link-n-Log you must have the QT development libraries
28 installed and you must have the environment variable QTDIR set to
29 point to your QT directory. On my machine thats /usr/lib/qt3.
30
31 Once this environment variable has been set, to build execute:
32
33 qmake Link-n-Log.pro
34 make
37 > IF EMERGE, try:
38 >
39 > # EXTRA_ECONF="--with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt3" emerge foo
40 >
41 > If all else fails, what do you get when you run:
42 >
43 > # emerge search foo
44
45 this package is not in portage unfortunately.
46
47 thanks,
48
49 ~P
52 > --
53 > G a b r i e l M . B e d d i n g f i e l d
56 > --
57 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
63 http://patrickcampbell.us
67 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list