From: Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel drivers and modules list
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 20:35:15
1 On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 02:47:33PM -0300, Raphael MD wrote:
2 > I’ve booted my system with a gentoo live cd, just to figure out my system
3 > drivers and modules to configure the kernel, because it's difficult to
4 > realize what drive my intel Ethernet card uses and many others.
5 >
6 > Are there some command to extract that list to configure the kernel?
7
8 Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you here, but it seems like [1] might be of help,
9 providing you can access the details of your connected devices with `lspci` and
10 `lsusb`.
11
12 For example, if I wanted to set up my Ethernet card, I would run
13
14 $ `lspci | grep -i ethernet`
15 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (2)
16 I218-V (rev 05)
17
18 and then use "Intel" (vendor) and "I218-V" (name) at [1] to find that I needed
19 to enable CONFIG_E1000E, CONFIG_ETHERNET, and CONFIG_NET_VENDOR_INTEL [2].
20
21 [1] https://linux-hardware.org/index.php?view=search
22 [2] https://linux-hardware.org/index.php?id=pci:8086-15a1-1043-85c4
26 Ashley Dixon