From: Jon M <gentoo@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New to Gentoo. Having trouble getting it started for the first time
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:31:24
1 Rafael Barrera Oro wrote:
2 > Hello! here is my grub.conf in order to compare, the only thing that i
3 > notice is missing is the initrd line, i am no Linux expert either so
4 > maybe that is not a must have. Anyway, my machine works, so i hope you
5 > can comparte this file to yours and find out whats missing, hope it helps.
6 >
7 > default 0
8 > timeout 30
9 > splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
10 > title=Gentoo Linux
11 > root (hd0,0)
12 > kernel /kernel-genkernel-x86_64-2.6.17-gentoo-r5 root=/dev/ram0
13 > init=/linuxrc ramdisk=8192 real_root=/dev/hda3
14 > initrd /initramfs-genkernel-x86_64-2.6.17-gentoo-r5
17 Hi Rafael,
18
19 Thanks for your reply :)
20
21 I actually managed to get it up and running. Turns out my grub.conf was
22 good, but was missing my IDE chipset in the kernel. With a bit of
23 playing around I managed to get it up and running.
24
25 Thanks again for trying to help though, I appreciate it!
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list