From: Carlos Sura <carlos.sura1@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kernel-3.2.1-gentoo + Broadcom-STA = Could not get rssi (-22)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 00:15:15
1 Hello Mates,
2
3 I have updated my kernel to 3.2.1, using my old config, when I boot my
4 laptop with the new kernel, my wireless was not working, I thought that it
5 was my mistake, but after a google search I found the following article:
6 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Broadcom_43xx
7
8 Since, my wireless card is: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n
9 Wireless LAN Controller
10
11 That should work, right?
12
13 Then I did the Open Source Kernel Driver, and installed the package
14 broadcom-sta.
15
16 Boot the laptop again, and 'voila' wireless was working again, but after
17 25-30 minutes using it, it stopped working, show me a blank screen with the
18 following error:
19
20 Fixing recursive fault but reboot is needed!
21 Jan 14 18:12:14 gentoo-b0x kernel: [ 614.214017] ERROR
22 @wl_cfg80211_get_station : Could not get rssi (-22)
23
24 with a loop of that message, I could not do anything, just ctrl + alt +
25 supr to reboot
26
27 Second time, took 15-20 minutes and the same mistake, this is my third time
28 with the new kernel, I'm 15 minutes now, and nothing happened.
31 Any help?
32
33 Regards
36 Carlos Sura.-