From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Issues with USB memory sticks
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 18:31:41
1 Daniel Frey <djqfrey <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > I've been having a strange issue with my USB flash drives.
5 >
6 Trace-cmd plugin for parsing USB 3.0 host controller driver traces
7 can be found here [1] .
8
9 trace-cmd is NOW (finally) in the portage tree:
10 dev-util/trace-cmd-2.5.1
11
12 There is a 'game-changing' graphical diagnostic tool that is
13 yet to become manifest as a ebuild or overlay, found in the
14 same sources as trace-cmd, KERNELSHARK.
15
16 So for now you must '[drudge]' via CLI, but hopefully one of our
17 devs or power_users will whip up an overlay for KernelShark.
18
19 This is the most 'bad ass' tool going for kernel problem.
20 Welcome to the ftrace-->trace-cmd-->KernelShark club.
21
22 hth,
23 James
28 [1] https://github.com/elbeasto/xhci-trace-plugin