From: Vladimir Romanov <blueboar2@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can emerge play a sound on either a successful/unsuccessful build?
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 11:28:24
1 2014-07-14 17:25 GMT+06:00 the <the.guard@××××.ru>:
2
4 > Hash: SHA256
5 >
6 > On 07/14/14 14:52, Andrew Lowe wrote:
7 > > Hi all, I have a laptop churning away in the loungeroom doing an
8 > > "emerge -NuD world" whilst I'm in my office, amongst other things
9 > > composing this email. If my world update fails, I won't know until
10 > > I look at the screen in the other room. Is there a way to get
11 > > emerge to play a song depending upon the status of the emerge
12 > > build?
13 >
14 > If I understand you correctly this can be done with bash like:
15 > emerge <...> || play alert.mp3
18 TC wants to select, which song to play on result of emerge.