From: "Benjamen R. Meyer" <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Creating an initrd for loading...
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:42:10
7 right now is solely the initrd image.)
8
9 The problem I am having is that the kernel is complaining about not
10 having the initrd image. I have SILO (sparc equiv of LILO) installed,
11 and have told it of the initrd image, but the kernel doesn't seem to
12 find it. (SILO reports all is well, so I can only assume it is finding
13 the initrd image without a problem.)
14
15 My main question comes down to this: I am using the 'genkernel' package
16 to build & install the kernel and initrd image. Both show up in /boot.
17 How much can I rely on genkernel to build a valid initrd image? How can
18 I mount the initrd image to verify it has the modules, etc. and verify
19 it is a valid image?
20
21 TIA,
22