From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New HD monitor stretches everything. How to teach Xorg?
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 17:10:05
1 On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 10:40 PM, <d.fedorov@×××××××.ru> wrote:
5 > 1) Did you made entries for right resolution mode in xorg.conf
8 I modified xorg.conf just to change the idenity info about the monitor. Not
9 seeing any effect, I
10 deleted xorg.conf entirely, and that's how I'm runnung now, and got the
11 Xorg.0.log I attached
12 to a previous post.
15 > 2) Are u sure that 1920x1080 is supported resolution for your monitor?
16 >
17 The 1920 part is for sure. I've got 3-1/4" left and right unused margins of
18 perfectly usable LCD.
21 > 3) BIOS of some graphic cards is trying to overide the data reported by
22 > the monitor in its own way
23 >
24 The logs show Xorg seriously considering 1920x1080. I don't know what to do
25 about it's complaint about the modeline. My fear is that the 2002 vintage
26 MACH64 motherboard video isn't capable of the speeds required, but I'm not
27 sure how to run that experiment.
32 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD