From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Another question regarding grub......
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:08:34
1 On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:50:18 +0800
2 Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au> wrote:
3
4 > Just wondering, is there a way to make grub just display the boot
5 > options, that is the various OS's that I can boot to through grub,
6 > without timing out to the default? At times I turn my PC on, wander
7 > off to fix up something else and come back to find that grubs booted
8 > the default boot option, but on this occasion it's not the OS I want.
9 > It's a case of log in to the loaded OS, shutdown/reboot and then
10 > reselect the appropriate OS the next time around. It would be great
11 > it it would just sit there with the options listed, ready for me to
12 > make a choice.
13 >
14 > Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
15 > Andrew
16 >
17 I think if you set the timeout to '0' you should disable timeout
18 completely. You could also try getting rid of default line. BTW,
19 these both are in grub.conf -- by default, at /boot/grub/grub.conf
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list