From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Running out of space on /var partition
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 10:04:23
1 After some deliberation I've started emerging libreoffice. It gave the usual
2 office suite warnings at the beginning that there isn't enough space in /var
3 (I have 5.8G and it was asking for more than 7G+).
4
5 Half way through the emerge I noticed that I have only 74M left and is going
6 down fast! O_O
7
8 OpenOffice was able to emerge in the past using this partition size without a
9 problem. I've flushed logs and what not to free some space, but I'm thinking
10 of extending the partition somehow. I don't run LVM on this machine so that's
11 not a solution for this circumstance.
12
13 Is there anything I can do with mount --rbind and could I do this in the
14 middle of an emerge? I have another partition with loads of space in it, but
15 it has a different fs on it (reiser4 instead of /var's ext4).
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick