From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HELP! partition table is corrupted
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 11:23:44
1 On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 12:01 +0100, pat wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > My brother has a second disk where was two partitions formated as NTFS (the
5 > big one) and FAT32 (small one), but something brakes the partition table and
6 > now there are two linux partition tables +/- the size of the previous logical
7 > drives.
8 >
9 > Which SW should I use to recover the original partition table? I think about
10 > gpart, but does it has a GUI? I'm not guru at this :-\
11 >
12 > I know the next version is to format whole drive, but there are photos of his
13 > daughter and not backup ... .
14 >
15 > Thanks a lot for all suggestions !!!
16 >
17 > Pat
18
19 Try testdisk. It's ncurses-based and easy to use. It saved my sorry arse
20 twice.