From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] crypt my home repository
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 09:25:51
1 On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Stéphane Guedon <stephane@××××××××××.eu>wrote:
2
3 > Hi all
4 >
5 > I may ask something already discussed, but I can't find any good
6 > documentation.
7 > I am wondering of how to secure my home repository on my laptop. I am
8 > thinking
9 > of cryptography and other things (the password uncrypt the repository and
10 > allows to read files...).
11 >
12 > What tool to use for ? Anybody knows a good doc (in french would be really
13 > good) ?
14 >
15 > I am not really paranoïd, but I work now in a quite important environnement
16 > and want any data I get out to be secured...
17 > --
18 > Stéphane Guedon
19 > http://www.22decembre.eu/
20 > http://lectures.22decembre.eu/
21 > carte de visite : http://www.22decembre.eu/downloads/Stephane-Guedon.vcf
24 You can use 'encfs'. It is really trivial.
25 You need to create a directory where you will put the encrypted files like
26 this:
27 encfs ~/.encdir ~/workdir
28
29 Read this for a lot more info:
30 http://movingtofreedom.org/2007/02/21/howto-encfs-encrypted-file-system-in-ubuntu-and-fedora-gnu-linux/
31
32 But, what I told you is basically what you need.
33
34 Regards,
35 Kfir