From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Toggling wireless on eee without fn+f2
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 23:18:49
1 On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 15:51:35 -0600, Maxim Wexler wrote:
2
3 > > "Also this script uses acpi_fakekey which you can find eg. as part of
4 > > the sys-power/acpi-support package in the Sunrise overlay. "
5 >
6 > OK, there's a fakekey(fakephp.ko) module in bus options, which I
7 > configured and installed.
8
9 That's the second time you've quoted that message without properly
10 reading it.
11
12 > No help. I think that script is outdated,
13 > too. It mentions modules which don't appear in the 2.6.29-r5 sources.
14 > Leastwise, I can't find them.
15
16 That page refers to the ASUS_ACPI module package, which is no longer
17 needed as the modules are now part of the kernel. So yes, the names may
18 have changed and you should update the wiki once you have discovered the
19 modules to use now.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 Atheism is a non-prophet organization.