From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdepimlibs and openldap compile failure. Shotgun please.
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 07:17:01
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Sorry, subject is a bit weird. As mentioned in my other somewhat
5 > related thread, KDE is having "issues" so I started a emerge -e
6 > kde-meta. Well, this is bringing up some other issues I guess. Alan,
7 > you started this mess. You mentioned it. :-P Here we go:
8 >
9 > Earlier openldap puked on my keyboard. Just now, kdepim is doing the
10 > same. I tried unmasking a newer version, hoping for a fix, but it
11 > fails too. So, I guess the new one ain't no better. This is openldap's
12 > puke:
13 >
14 > << SNIP >>
15 >
16 > They don't seem related but I figure that one failed because the other
17 > failed. I think openldap was spoiled and lead to kdepimlibs really
18 > messing up my keyboard.
19 >
20 > If you need it, I can post the logs it mentions but I'm hoping someone
21 > will be able to shed some light without all that. Let me know if you
22 > really really need them.
23 >
24 > Thanks.
25 >
26 > Dale
27 >
28 > :-) :-)
29 >
30 > P. S. I'm starting to miss my KDE.
33 More info. I figured something openldap depends on was broken so I did
34 a emerge -e openldap. After all that, openldap still fails with the
35 same error. I tried both the stable and unstable version with the same
36 issue.
37
38 Any ideas on why this fails?
39