From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: amd64 installation: which file system?
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:18:10
1 On Wednesday 19 July 2006 09:23, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 7/19/06, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Other than xorg.conf where else do you need to specify this? If my xorg
4 > > locks up I lose the keyboard/mouse and have to pull the plug no matter
5 > > what. :-(
6 >
7 > Not in xorg.conf at all. It is a kernel option CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ,
8 > enabled by "Magic SysRq key" under Kernel Hacking.
9
10 Doh! That's what I was doing wrong. :-P
11
12 > The hard part is to remember what the shortcuts are at the point you need
13 > them!
14
15 I've hit those buttons so many times I know the sequence by heart. LOL
16
17 Thanks!
18 --
19 Regards,