From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Developmnet Environment for PHP and PERL
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 15:18:53
1 On 11/8/05, Michael Shaw <mshaw@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > What editor do people use for PHP and Perl development. I'm looking for
4 > something with syntax highlighting and such, so that rules ut vi or gedit.
5 >
6 > Thanks,
7 > Mike
8 > --
9 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
12 Eclipse is the ultimate IDE from my perspective. I am running 3.1 with
13 Pydev[1], Colorer[2], Web Standards Tools[3], C++[4], EPIC (Perl)[5], and
14 PHPEclipse[6] which lets me do just about everything. The only thing with
15 Eclipse (and it may just be me) is that there seems to be a bit of learning
16 involved to figure out what it means by perspectives and natures and such,
17 after that its the best IDE I have ever used.
18
19 [1] http://pydev.sourceforge.net/
20 [2] http://colorer.sourceforge.net/
21 [3] http://eclipse.org/webtools/wst/main.xml
22 [4] http://www.eclipse.org/cdt/
23 [5] http://e-p-i-c.sourceforge.net/
24 [6] http://www.phpeclipse.de/tiki-view_articles.php
25
26 -Mike
30 Michael E. Crute
31 Software Developer
32 SoftGroup Development Corporation
33
34 Linux takes junk and turns it into something useful.
35 Windows takes something useful and turns it into junk.