From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with 2 partition installation from gentoo minimal system
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 16:21:06
1 Fei Liu writes:
2
3 > Hello Group, I spend a whole day trying to get this to work. Here is my
4 > setup
5 >
6 > /dev/sda1 / ext3 noatime 0 1
7 > /dev/sda2 swap
8 >
9 > grub is installed using the 'root (hd0,0)' and 'setup (hd0)', no problem.
10 >
11 > emerge kernel-sources worked fine.
12 >
13 > However everytime the system boots, it reports the VFS panic (no root
14 > system found problem). The kernel has built in ext2 and ext3 support.
15
16 Does it also have the right IDE drivers? This /dev/sda drive is SATA I
17 assume, is this configured correctly in the kernel, and is the SCSI stuff
18 also compiled directly into the kerne? Do you see kernel messages
19 identifying your IDE chipset, does "sda" appear there somewhere?
20
21 Wonko
22 --
23 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list