From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chicken <--> egg (NFS & tty video) (Fixed!)
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 14:51:21
1 On 16/5/2011, at 1:43pm, JDM wrote:
2 >> Most people set things up so they get emails of the post install
3 >> messages when emerging things, but it is up to you to actually read them
4 >> and, when necessary, follow the instructions.
5 > That's a clever trick. How do you get emails from emerge?
6
7 $ grep -i mail /etc/make.conf
8 PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="save mail"
9 PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="root"
10 PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILFROM="portage@hex"
11 $
12
13 (I follow the guiding principal that root and postmaster should always be correctly aliased, and that mail to them should be delivered correctly to another named user, my own).
14
15 Stroller.