From: Oleg <lego12239@××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] netifrc & system init actions
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 16:28:07
1 On Thu, Feb 05, 2015 at 03:45:00PM +0000, thegeezer wrote:
2 > If you need things to be in place from the beginning then i can
3 > understand but you should be looking at /etc/local.d/
4 > postup on net.lo seems like an odd place to hook this kind of thing.
5
6 I'm totally agree with you and that's why i ask about this here.
7
8 > I'd suggest you might want to even create a /etc/init.d/customerX and
9 > /etc/init.d/customerY which allows you to create start/stop and use
10 > rc-status to check rules are or are not in place, it's scarily simple to do.
11
12 Yes, you are right. But i thought that netifrc has something like init()
13 hook by analogy with postup(). After years of debian experience i've looked at
14 gentoo and i was amazed by supplied features of netifrc (vlans, ip rules, ip
15 routes). In debian i need to code many things by hands in
16 /etc/network/interfaces. So, i just think that may be netifrc has something
17 like init() too.
21 Неманов Олег (Nemanov Oleg)