From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Revdep-rebuild reports kde breakage and then says its all okay; what's up with that
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:56:20
1 On 10/30/06, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sunday 29 October 2006 15:45, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
3 > > When I run revdep-rebuild, it reports a bunch (around 100) breakages
4 > > involving early kde *.la files, but then it reports that
5 > > Dynamic linking on your system is consistent... All done.
6 > >
7 > > These "broken" files are text, and say they're not to be deleted, but
8 > > equery can't find out for me what package, let alone version, they belong
9 > > to. Could it be that they are abandoned relic artifacts?
10 > > Should I just delete them anyway?
11 >
12 > Run emerge --deep -v -p to see if there's a couple of updated/removed apps
13 > that have left libs cruft behind and need to be removed. I can vaguely
14 > remember going through something like this a few months ago (about
15 > ImageMagick?), so if you do a gmane search you may find it - otherwise post
16 > back and I'll see if I can find it.
17 >
18 > HTH
19
20 I checked a number of them, and they were clearly orphans: the
21 libraries they were
22 associated with originally had ceased to exist, which makes sense because they
23 where also coordinated with KDE versions (3.2 and such) that I no longer have.
24
25 So I deleted the lot, and everything seems okay.
28 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list