From: Bryan Green <bgreen@××××××××.gov>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Arrghh,,, X.org and NVidia (partly solved)
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 19:29:42
1 >
2 > # This loads the GLX module
3 > Load "glx"
4 >
5 > and it's within the "Module" section. All it took was to uncomment the
6 > line. But it's not bad. I got the nvidia kernel to work and that's a
7 > major step forward.
8 >
9 > However, AGPGART was not compiled as a module but compiled directly into
10 > the kernel which means NvAGP cannot be used, so now I'm recompiling the
11 > kernel with AGPGART as a module and I've added Option "NvAgp" "3" to
12 > /etc/X11/xorg.conf ... and then I'll have to do the nvidia-kernel dance
13 > again and if that doesn't do anything I'll come "screaming" again ;)
14 >
15 > But at least the nvidia-kernel _does_ work :)
16 >
17 > -Kristian Poul Herkild
18
19 You may have problems getting AGPGART to compile as a module, and my
20 experience has been that its just as well to use the kernel's AGPGART for
21 recent kernels.
24 There are several places you should be looking.
25 First of all, be sure and read the NVIDIA driver README, particularly the
26 Troubleshooting section. Get familiar with /proc/drivers/nvidia
27
28 grep for NVIDIA in /var/log/Xorg.0.log. See anything interesting?
29 try dmesg and see if it says anything about agpgart.
30
31 By the way, did you emerge nvidia-glx?
32
33 -bryan
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list