From: Manuel McLure <manuel@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vim USE flag: vim-with-x
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:42:40
1 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > Let me re-iterate what I'm trying to do...
3 > - In X, highlight a text string (e.g. a URL) in Firefox
4 > - hit {CTRL}{ALT}{F1}, taking me to a *REAL TEXT CONSOLE* running mutt
5 > or slrn, with vim as the editor
6 > - paste the complex URL directly into a message I'm composing with vim
7
8 I don't think that will work - I think there's no communication between
9 X and text consoles. What vim-with-x would allow you to do is paste into
10 a vim session running in an xterm, not one running on the console.
13 Manuel A. McLure KE6TAW <manuel@××××××.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
14 ...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,
15 no man may kill a cat. -- H.P. Lovecraft
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list