From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Speed up with pbzip2 or not!?
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:38:47
1 On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 11:40 +0100, Justin wrote:
2 > Is there a way to use 7zip for decompression with emerge?
3
4 I fear, no easy one. Of course, since emerge is just a python script,
5 you could rewrite it but 7z-syntax isn't compatible with bzip2 or
6 gnu-tar so it will be some work. I also tried to use star as a drop-in
7 replacement for gnu-tar, once. Didn't work well although their syntax is
8 nearly identical, but just nearly...
9
10 By the way: Please don't top-post (e.g. write your answers to a mail
11 below the quote. It makes reading long threads with many quotes easier.)