From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage through a proxy
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:54:56
1 On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:11:42 -0400, James Colby wrote:
2
3 > Does anyone know if it possible to configure emerge to use the value of
4 > $http_proxy as my proxy? I use my laptop both at home and at work, I
5 > have a script that sets the $http_proxy env variable depending on where
6 > I am, and I would like to have emerge use that value. I have tried
7 > setting http_proxy in make.conf to $http_proxy but that did not work.
8
9 Portage uses wget by default, and wget respects $http_proxy. According
10 to /etc/make.conf.example
11
12 # Fetching files
14 #
15 # If you need to set a proxy for wget or lukemftp, add the appropriate "export
16 # ftp_proxy=<proxy>" and "export http_proxy=<proxy>" lines to /etc/profile if
17 # all users on your system should use them.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 I am logged in, therefore I am.