From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to use EXTRA_ECONF?
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:45:40
1 Matias Grana schreef:
2 > On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 08:28:54PM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:19:55 -0300 Matias Grana <matiasg@××××××.ar>
5 >> wrote: | I'm trying to compile vim with +clipboard support. One
6 >> can do this | by passing --enable-clipboard to configure. There's
7 >> no USE flag for | this feature.
8 >>
9 >> Incorrect. USE="vim-with-x".
10 >>
11 >> -- Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox,
12 >> Cron) Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org Web :
13 >> http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm
17 > Nicer! So this is what vim-with-x stand for! I saw the flag, but
18 > thought that it would pull down gvim, which I already have in my
19 > world. Now: this pops up a second question: where can we see the
20 > exact efect of USE flags on packages? For instance: what other
21 > features 'vim-with-x' will enable?
22
23 USE flag descriptions can be found in /usr/portage/profiles. There are
24 two files:
25
26 /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc (for global USE flags), and
27 /usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc (for local USE flags relevant to
28 individual packages).
29
30 You can of course search/grep normally through these files, but I find
31 it easier to nick an alias that someone on the list provided, and add it
32 to ~/.bashrc:
33
34 alias useflag='grep /usr/portage/profiles/use.*desc -e'
35
36 which enables me to do this (after re-sourcing ~/.bashrc, which I also
37 have an alias to do :-) ):
38
39 di 10/18/05 15:39
40 ~
41 motub-> useflag vim-with-x
42 /usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc:app-editors/vim:vim-with-x -
43 Linking console vim against X11 libraries to enable title and clipboard
44 features in xterm
45
46 And now I know what it does, instead of guessing ;-) .
47
48 Hope this helps
49 Holly
50 --