From: "Kacper Kopczyński" <capsel@××××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] umount nfs share
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 01:33:32
1 Dnia 2010-03-15, o godz. 08:18:10
2 Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> napisał(a):
3
4 > I'm trying t umount an nfs mounted share but am told the resource is
5 > busy. umount -f fails too.
6 >
7 > So first I turned off all the xterms I had running which should have
8 > killed any shell operating there.
9 >
10 > Still says resouce is busy.
11 >
12 > So trying to see what is doing it with `lsof'
13 >
14 > However, when I run `lsof' (no arguments), it fails to produce any
15 > output.
16 >
17 > Just been setting there for 5-6 minutes, now. When I know from past
18 > use it should have produced quite a pile of output.
19 >
20 > I tried a lsof option that is supposed to show specifically nfs
21 > related
22 >
23 > ( lsof -b /nfs/mount/point)
24 >
25 > So trying it on the one reporting `busy'
26 > lsof -b /projects
27 >
28 > Which gave a gout of output with this kind of stuff in it:
29 >
30 > lsof: avoiding readlink(/projects): -b was specified.
31 > lsof: avoiding readlink(/): -b was specified.
32 > lsof: avoiding stat(/): -b was specified.
33 > lsof: WARNING: can't stat() rootfs file system /
34 > Output information may be incomplete.
35 > lsof: avoiding readlink(/): -b was specified.
36 > lsof: avoiding stat(/): -b was specified.
37 > lsof: WARNING: can't stat() reiserfs file system /
38 > Output information may be incomplete.
39 >
41 >
42 > Anyone know what might be going on here?
47 Perhaps server is not responding... so make it respond :)
48 If that is the case add some rule to firewall or /etc/hosts to redirect
49 requests to localhost (use REJECT not DROP). And then try
50 again unmounting.
53 Kacper Kopczyński